Friday, March 2, 2012

My ultrasound tech has been doing her job for 8 years and rumor has it that she has only been wrong about the sex of a baby twice and that is including the guesses she has made at the 12 week ultrasounds. I've never had a 12 ultrasound called the first trimester screening before now. Maybe it's a new thing since McKay was born 5 years ago. It's in addition to the 16 week screening that is done with blood work. I opted to do it because I wanted to have another look at the little peanut and perhaps get a guess at the sex. Plus I'm going to meet my deductible this year one way or another so I figured I might as well. I'm thinking that if the ultrasound tech wasn't sure about the sex that she would have told us so, but she seemed pretty confident when she said it looks like a.....GIRL!!! Just so you know, if she had said boy I would have written that in all caps with just as many exclamation marks. We would be thrilled either way. And as far as the screening goes, everything looked lovely. So for now we are anticipating a healthy baby girl. Although I'm not painting the nursery yet, I couldn't help myself yesterday when I was in Target, and as I said in the last post I spent $200 on baby cloths. Baby girl clothes! It was a rush. So much stinking cute stuff. It was nice that Sam was feeling guilty for ditching me in my time of need and left me some extra cash. I put it to good use. And if we end up with a surprise boy, I have some nieces on the way that I will be happy I shopped for.

No comments: