Thursday, March 1, 2012
I would like some cheese with my whine.
Today I have a headache that even spending $200 on adorable baby clothes couldn't cure. This morning I woke up and thought i felt pretty good until i stood up to go to the bathroom. Which was when I immediately started heaving. The force of said heaving caused me to then pee my pants. It was awesome. This event did however help with making the decision of whether or not to take a shower today. After getting the kids to school, McKay and I got breakfast at Subway then did some much needed grocery shopping. Lots of preprepaired meals like frozen lasagna and frozen pizza and such. Because my take- out bringer homer is in Vegas for the rest of the week and Nate's friend is spending the rest off the week with us while his mom is in Chicago for a graduation. And though i would expect my kids to fend for themselves and live on Ramon and BP&J for the next 3 days, I would feel bad about not feeding our guest. I also picked up my Rx for Zofran which is supposed to help with nausea but clearly not with headaches. It also causes constipation. I'm for sure looking forward to more of that. I know at this point I should turn thing around and talk about something that I'm grateful for. You know, end on a positive note. But guess what. I don't want. Sorry about the TMI. No I'm not. I am however sorry about all of the missed spelled words. I'm having trouble using spell check on the iPad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've taken Zofran with all of my pregnancies and the headaches are of the variety that make you want to bang your head against a wall to knock yourself unconscious just so the pain will go away. It's unreal. So is the constipation. My zofran dose was only 4mg with Reese, but with 7 pregnancies in 8 years i am up to 10mg every 6 hours. When I take it, I keep food down. That is all. It won't help with nausea. Sorry to burst the bubble, but it won't. Keeping food down is nice, though, because then you don't pee all over the floor at church like I did on sunday. That was awesome and embarassing and I obviously left early. Colace and metamucil help with constipation....well I say they help but it's been 5 days for me so....ha. maybe they don't! I have so much compassion for people who get chemotherapy, because at least I get a cute fat baby at the end of 9 months that will make all this worth it!
PS-one thing that helps with the zofran is to cut it in half and take half every 3 or 4 hours, rather than the full dose every 6. And take a break and have a "no med day" every 3 days or you'll never poop again. This high of a dose causes anxiety attacks for me if I take it more than a few days in a row, so it helps to take a break. I just hope it won't be long before I don't need it anymore! Good luck with your few days while sam is out of down. I found out aaron is leaving for a week on Sunday and I panicked and had my mom fly out here. I can't do it alone. Praying for you. You're amazing!
PS--clothes shopping didn't help? Dang. that was my next plan of attack!
PPS---sometimes I whine too. Usually after I puked all day. I'm glad there's someone out there that feels the same way. I'm convinced that the sicker you are the better looking your kid is though. At least we have that going for us!
Can I just say that reading this made me nauseated all over again? It's too soon. But I will say that I am impressed you have done this 5 1/2 times because if I had to go through it again I know I would literally die. And I am glad you posted the TMI because this is EXACTLY what pregnancy means to me. Not that I know anything, but here's how I tried to cope (mostly unsuccessfully):
Get a perscription for Fenergen as well and switch off every three hours with the Zofran. It will make you tired, but you're tired anyway, right?
I was up to the maximum dosage of colace there at the end and I still had to keep an enema on hand (yuck, but it's the truth).
Get yourself a bowl to throw up in while you sit on the toilet because once you pee your last pair of clean pants you're not going to be happy.
That's it. I would say it gets better, but for me, that never happens until the minute that baby enters the world. Hang in there, pregnancy sucks.
Post a Comment