Monday, April 6, 2009

1,999 things I've learned from being a mom.

I know I'm getting a little blog happy lately, but I wanted a place dedicated to recording the little lessons I've learned in the last 10 years of motherhood.
I've pretty much stopped watching Oprah (I'm so over her!), but today my mom called and told me I should watch. It was all about Motherhood, and it was pretty funny. One lady confessed that while on a road trip, her two children were sleeping in the car, she needed to pee and didn't want to risk waking them up by stopping the car so she pulled a diaper out and peed in the diaper while still driving. I've never gone that far but I can totally relate which is why rule number 2 is "never, never wake a sleeping baby".
Anyway, I'm by no means an expert on parenting and I rarely follow my own rules but I thought it might be fun to list some of the things I've learned from being a mom. So if you would like to check out my new blog go to http://1999thingsivelearned.blogspot.com/ .
If there is something that you have learned from being a mom (or dad) that you would like to share, let me know. If I post it, I'll give you credit for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming blog crazy, but that is OK, because I think your blogs are hilarious (spelling?). How about "When you think you are the only one leaving your kid at home by accident you find out everyone did it at some point."..or "The not taking a shower every day is not so uncommon when you actually talk to people and are not afraid the world will think you are a failure." ..or "about the time you think you are a failure, you quit keeping secrets and find out we all make mistakes, and at some point look back and have no memory of how we got through it all."

Karen said...

Never, ever say "My kids will never act like/do that!!!"
You will always end up eating those words.