I'm a little late with this post because Sam's and my anniversary is so close to Christmas I just didn't have the time to do it then, so I'm doing it now. On December 20th we celebrated 11 years of wedded bliss. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. Well except for that first year when I spent every waking moment wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into, and each of the nine months that I spent pregnant....5x9=45 mo., and those 10 mo. that we spent in Sam's parents basement. Other than all that it has gone by really fast.
Leave it to me to start out by putting a negative spin on the whole thing. Let's see if I can redeem myself. We have definitely had more good times than bad. Sam has always worked really hard so that I am able to stay home and raise our kids. Together we have created an amazing family. We've taken some awesome vacations together and have a very blessed life.
People talk about the seven year itch. We didn't go through that. In fact I think that it was around year seven that we started to find our groove. I heard a talk once where the man speaking was relating a story about a talk he had heard. In this talk the question was asked, "What one thing will guarantee that a marriage will last?". People in the audience gave answers like, "Love" and "Communication". Of course those things are important but the speaker said "No, the one thing that will guarantee a lasting marriage is commitment." I hadn't really thought of that before then, but when I heard it, it rang true.
So, I am grateful to Sam for his commitment to me over the last 11 years. No matter how hard things were or how crazy and difficult I am to be around sometimes, he is always there for me and for that and so many other things, I love him.
Here's to another 50 or 60 or 70 more years of ups and downs and love and laughs. Happy anniversary Sam!
2 comments:
"And she's touching his chest now. He takes off her..."
How I love a lyrical post title, I can't resist adding a little to the song.
Congrats on 11 years!
Congrats! I especially love "The Killers," reference at the beginning. You guys have made a beautiful family together, you have much to be proud of, keep up the good work!
Post a Comment