"Hey mom where should I put this?"
"I don't know. Put it on my desk in the basement."
Seems like a harmless enough conversation, right? But after a few YEARS of having this conversation on almost a daily basis it came time to clean my desk in the basement, and that conversation... not seeming so harmless anymore.
Why now? Was I board? Do I not have enough projects to take care of right now? Was I just feeling super motivated? No. On top of all of the hundreds of things I have to get done before I leave for South Africa, I also get to deal with a water leak in my basement. The desk I'm referring to was built into the basement by the previous owners. The water leak spread through the carpet under the desk and now the desk must be ripped out in order to clean the now moldy, stinking carpet under it. I know what you're thinking, Wah, Wah, you're stressed out about every thing you have to do before you go to South Africa... SOUTH. AFRICA! We all feel so sorry for you. That's fine, mock me, but just for that I'm not posting before and after pictures.
2 comments:
you took the words right out of my mouth! ;) I do envy you South Africa, but not your stinky, moldy carpet or the loss of your desk...
I understand--I work the best when faced with somthing big-But BEST also means stressed out to the max and taking it out on everyone!!Even if the "big thing" is suppost to be fun--like South Africa!! I would love to see before and after pictures--I live on those!!
Post a Comment