I am SO glad you posted and after picture. Our garage is starting to get messy again and I start to hyperventilate every time I think about it too much. Seeing your organized shelves brings me nothing but pure joy. I know. I'm sick. but it does make me happy.
A good trick my friend tammy taught me, but a tiny trash can (like the size they have in the classrooms at church) RIGHT next to the door before you walk into the house from the garage. Every time you and the kids get out of the car, it is easy to toss the sonic cups, paper trash, happy meal bags(and all the crap everyone manages to come home with) in the garbage before it makes its way into the house. It seems silly to have an extra trash for solely this purpose, since we have to STORE our big cans in the garage during the week (raccons), but having a trash can between the car and the door means I am guaranteed to pass by it. Yes. I am that lazy.
5 comments:
good luck!!!!
I am SO glad you posted and after picture. Our garage is starting to get messy again and I start to hyperventilate every time I think about it too much. Seeing your organized shelves brings me nothing but pure joy. I know. I'm sick. but it does make me happy.
A good trick my friend tammy taught me, but a tiny trash can (like the size they have in the classrooms at church) RIGHT next to the door before you walk into the house from the garage. Every time you and the kids get out of the car, it is easy to toss the sonic cups, paper trash, happy meal bags(and all the crap everyone manages to come home with) in the garbage before it makes its way into the house. It seems silly to have an extra trash for solely this purpose, since we have to STORE our big cans in the garage during the week (raccons), but having a trash can between the car and the door means I am guaranteed to pass by it. Yes. I am that lazy.
Wa.....hoo!!!! Now you can come help with my boxcar..
good for you!! good luck! looks great.
It looks great. I wish you luck keeping it that way--not an easy thing.
Post a Comment