Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My favorite room

So you know how there are those people who look super put together but then if you get to know them you find out that they're really just as big of a mess as the rest of us. I'm not one of those people. I think that it is pretty obvious to anyone who sees me that I'm just bearly hanging in there. But I think that my house is like those people. I love my living room/ dinning room. It is the first room that people see when they come into my house, and usually the only room they see. If you know me well enough to be premitted into the rest of my house you'll see the chaos of my life, but in my living room /dinning room I can pretend that I have it all under control.
I just added some special items to the room so I feel like it is pretty much complete, for now. Any way, I just wanted to share my favorite part of my house. So here it is.

The sewing table was my grandma's and I found the old sewing machine for $10 at a garage sale. The piano was a gift from the Crockets when they moved. Thanks Crockets. The dinning room table was from my parents and I refinished it. The big black shelves on the wall are about 6 ft long and I paid $15 for them at a garage sell. My favorite garage sale find yet. Sam and I put in the hard wood floors our selves and painted and hung new light fixtures.
A lot of time and love went into this room and now I can go there and sit and relax for a few minites each day and feel like my life isn't completely crazy.
I would love to see and hear about your favorite room in your house.

4 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Very nice Natalie! It looks Awesome!

Unknown said...

Love it! I can't wait to have a room in my house that I feel is "complete". Not there yet, but loved yours!

Rachel said...

I loved seeing this! I remember when you had carpet in there and the hardwood looks awesome! I want to come relax there for a few minutes every day :)

Mamarazzi said...

this room is BEAUTIFUL!! well done. it's fun to see where y'all live!